MAR30918 Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Master < 24m Near Coastal)
This course was previously MAR30913
UPCOMING COURSES in 2019/2020
PERTH - HILLARYS BOAT HARBOUR
- September 2 to 27
- February 3 - 28
- May 4 - 29
WHO IS IT FOR?
The holder of this certificate can:
- Command a commercial vessel <24m long in the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ)
- Act as Chief Mate or deck watchkeeper on a vessel <35m long in the EEZ
- Act as Chief Mate or deck watchkeeper on a vessel <80m long in inshore waters
The course is conducted face to face over an intense 20 day period with an experienced Master who will help and guide you through the required Units of Competency to ensure you have the knowledge and skills to attain a Master up to 24m, Near Coastal (Certificate lll in Maritime Operations).
This qualification is one component of the eligibility criteria to achieve the Master < 24m Certificate of Competency which allows you to work in any state or territory in Australia.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
The Master <24m qualification is made up of 14 units of competency. Ten of the units are delivered in this course and the remaining 4 units are a *course requirement and are the Elements of Shipboard Safety Skill Set (ESS) see below.
- BSBFLM303C Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- MARB004 Perform routine maintenance on a vessel up to 24 metres
- MARB005 Slip or dock a vessel and maintain hull on a vessel up to 80 metres
- MARH003 Manage and maintain a navigational watch on board vessels up to 80 metres
- MARH004 Plan and navigate a passage for a vessel up to 80 metres
- MARH005 Use wheelhouse equipment for safe navigation
- MARI002 Observe regulations to ensure safe operation of a vessel up to 80 metres
- MARJ002 Monitor environmental management on a vessel
- MARK002 Maneuver a vessel up to 24 metres within near coastal waters
- MARN003 Perform seamanship operations on board a vessel up to 24 metres
- *MARF001 Apply basic survival skills in the event of vessel abandonment
- *MARF002 Follow procedures to minimise and fight fires on board a vessel
- *MARF004 Meet work health and safety requirements
- *MARF005 Survive at sea using survival craft
Note: You may undertake the *Elements of Shipboard Safety units before, during or after enrolling in this course however, you must be deemed competent in all 14 units prior to receiving the qualification. If you hold a GPH or Coxswain certificate, you will have already completed the ESS units.
This course has superseded MAR30913
The Australian fishing, cargo and passenger vessel fleet is as vibrant and varied as any around the world and has a role for you that will take you places; from work vessels, barges, small tugs, fishing vessels and city ferries, to high speed catamarans and Super yachts.
Master <24m commands coastal trading vessels under 24 metres in length in designated near offshore waters. They co-ordinate the activities of crew members and oversee the safe operation of the vessel at sea, at anchor and in port. With experience you could become a sought-after Master, transporting along the Australian coastline, carrying cargo or commanding a commercial fishing vessel.
FOR MORE INFORMATION or to ENROL click on the SEA SCHOOL link or call 1300 666 416
(You will be re-directed to the SEA SCHOOL website)
Skippers Ticket Training WA also offers courses for: