MAR20318 Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 1 NC)
This course was previously MAR20313
UPCOMING COURSES in 2019/2020
PERTH - HILLARYS BOAT HARBOUR
- November 4 - 15
- January 20 - 31
- March 23 - April 3
- June 22 - July 3
WHO IS IT FOR?
This qualification is suitable for people who work or want to work as a Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal in the maritime industry and command a commercial marine vessel:
- up to 12 metres in length
- with propulsion power that is unlimited for an outboard engine or up to 500 kW for an inboard engine
- and carry passengers on this vessel
and operate this vessel:
- or as a tender or auxiliary vessel within 3 nautical miles (nm) of a parent vessel within the exclusive economic zone (EEZ),
The course is conducted face to face over an intense 10 day period with an experienced Master who will help and guide you through the required Units of Competency to ensure you have the knowledge and skills to attain a Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal (Certificate II in Maritime Operations) certificate.
This qualification is one component of the eligibility criteria to achieve the Coxswain Grade 1 Certificate of Competency which allows you to work in any state or territory in Australia.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
- MARB002 Perform basic servicing and maintenance of main propulsion unit and auxiliary systems
- MARC005 Operate inboard and outboard motors
- MARC006 Operate main propulsion unit and auxiliary systems
- MARF001 Apply basic survival skills in the event of vessel abandonment
- MARF002 Follow procedures to minimise and fight fires on board a vessel
- MARF004 Meet work health and safety requirements
- MARF005 Survive at sea using survival craft
- MARH001 Plan and navigate a passage for a vessel up to 12 metres
- MARI001 Comply with regulations to ensure safe operation of a vessel up to 12 metres
- MARJ001 Follow environmental work practices
- MAR001 Handle a vessel up to 12 metres
- MARN002 Apply seamanship skills aboard a vessel up to 12 metres.
If you like driving boats why not get paid for it? The marine industry needs competent skippers and crew to transport guests and cargo and to provide services, labour and contracts on the waterfront and on the coast.
A Coxswain can take control of a Kimberley charter boat tender, water taxi, jet boat, yacht, catamaran, tourism or catering vessel, and a variety of work boats.
Please remember: Coxswain Grade 1 – Can carry passengers
Coxswain Grade 2 – Cannot carry passengers
FOR MORE INFORMATION or to ENROL click on the SEA SCHOOL link or call 1300 666 416
(You will be re-directed to the SEA SCHOOL website)
Skippers Ticket Training WA also offers courses for: