Certificate II in Maritime Operations
(Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal) MAR20318
UPCOMING COURSES in 2021
PERTH - HILLARYS BOAT HARBOUR
- Jul 19 - Jul 30 [course full waitlist available]
WHO IS IT FOR?
This domestic qualification licensed by AMSA (Australian Maritime Safety Authority) is suitable for people who work or want to work as a Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal in the maritime industry and command a commercial marine vessel:
- up to 12 metres in length
- with propulsion power that is unlimited for an outboard engine or up to 500 kW for an inboard engine
- and carry passengers on this vessel
and operate this vessel:
- or as a tender or auxiliary vessel within 3 nautical miles (nm) of a parent vessel within the exclusive economic zone (EEZ).
The course is conducted face-to-face over an intense 10 day period with an experienced Master who will help and guide you through the required Units of Competency to ensure you have the knowledge and skills that may lead to attaining a Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal) issued by Sea School Marine Training RTO 91732.
This qualification is one component of the eligibility criteria to achieve the Coxswain Grade 1 Certificate of Competency which allows you to work in any state or territory in Australia.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
- MARB027 Perform basic servicing and maintenance of main propulsion unit and auxiliary systems
- MARC037 Operate inboard and outboard motors
- MARC038 Operate main propulsion unit and auxiliary systems
- MARF027 Apply basic survival skills in the event of vessel abandonment
- MARF028 Follow procedures to minimise and fight fires on board a vessel
- MARF029 Meet work health and safety requirements
- MARF030 Survive at sea using survival craft
- MARH013 Plan and navigate a passage for a vessel up to 12 metres
- MARI003 Comply with regulations to ensure safe operation of a vessel up to 12 metres
- MARJ006 Follow environmental work practices
- MARK007 Handle a vessel up to 12 metres
- MARN008 Apply seamanship skills aboard a vessel up to 12 metres.
The marine industry needs competent skippers and crew to transport guests and cargo and to provide services, labour and contracts on the waterfront and on the coast.
A Coxswain can take control of a Kimberley charter boat tender, water taxi, jet boat, yacht, catamaran, tourism or catering vessel and a variety of work boats.
Coxswain Grade 1 – Can carry passengers
Coxswain Grade 2 – Cannot carry passengers
Sea School is a nationally recognised training organisation
FOR MORE INFORMATION or to ENROL click on the SEA SCHOOL link below or call 1300 666 416 (you will be re-directed to Sea School Marine Training's website):
This is a business independently owned and operated by Skippers Ticket Training WA licensed to provide marine training services for the registered training organisation Sea School International #91732: