Certificate II in Maritime Operations
(Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 Near Coastal) MAR20418
This course was previously MAR20413
UPCOMING COURSES in 2021
PERTH - HILLARYS BOAT HARBOUR
- Nov 1 - Nov 11 [course full - waitlist available]
UPCOMING COURSES in 2022 - tba
WHO IS IT FOR?
This domestic qualification licensed by AMSA (Australian Maritime Safety Authority) is suitable for people who work in the maritime industry operating as Chief Engineer on vessels with propulsion power up to 500 kW and Second Engineer on vessels with propulsion power up to 750 kW, in the exclusive economic zone (EEZ).
The course is conducted face-to-face over an intense 8 day period with an experienced Master who will help and guide you through the required Units of Competency to ensure you have the knowledge and skills that may lead to attaining a Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 Near Coastal) issued by Sea School Marine Training RTO 91732.
This qualification is one component of the eligibility criteria to achieve the Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 Certificate of Competency which allows you to work in any state or territory in Australia.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
The MED 3 qualification is made up of 12 units of competency. Eight of the units are delivered in this course and the remaining *4 units are a course entry requirement and are the Shipboard Safety Skill Set (see below). They are not delivered in this course.
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- MARB028 Service marine internal combustion engines, and propulsion and auxiliary systems
- MARC033 Complete engine room tasks
- MARC034 Maintain hull out of water
- MARC035 Operate and maintain extra low and low voltage electrical systems and equipment
- MARC036 Operate deck machinery
- MARC039 Operate marine internal combustion engines, and propulsion and auxiliary systems
- MARJ006 Follow environmental work practices
- *MARF027 Apply basic survival skills in the event of vessel abandonment
- *MARF028 Follow procedures to minimise and fight fires on board a vessel
- *MARF029 Meet work health and safety requirements
- *MARF030 Survive at sea using survival craft
- *HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
*Course entry requirements are First Aid and the 4 units of the Shipboard Safety Skill Set. They do not need to be completed prior to enrolling however, they must be completed prior to receiving the full qualification.
Almost all commercial vessels require a qualified person to operate and maintain equipment onboard.
Marine Engine Drivers are in charge of the operation and maintenance of motorised equipment on small commercial vessels. Modern vessel engines are complex and technologically advanced.
This course will teach you how to confidently operate and maintain main and auxiliary machinery and electronics and is the starting point if you’re seeking a career within the Maritime sector.
Sea School is a nationally recognised training organisation
FOR MORE INFORMATION or to ENROL click on the SEA SCHOOL link or call 1300 666 416
(you will be re-directed to Sea School Marine Training's website):
This is a business independently owned and operated by Skippers Ticket Training WA licensed to provide marine training services for the registered training organisation Sea School International #91732: